Buddha Shakyamuni – literally “the awakened sage from the Shakya clan”, a spiritual teacher and the legendary founder of Buddhism, one of the three world religions. There is nothing in his sermons that would contradict the foundations of the inner harmony of any other religious and philosophical movement. Perhaps that is why his teaching is so popular and resonates with many hearts.
The sermons and sayings of the Buddha are the lessons of a great spiritual mentor who does not impose anything, but explains a lot:
1. Peace is within you. Don’t look for it outside.
2. When the mind is clear, joy follows you like a shadow and never leaves you.
3. We are formed from our thoughts. We become what we think.
4. The secret to a healthy mind and body is not to lament over the past, not to worry too much about the future, and to live consciously in the present moment.
5. Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and dedicate your whole heart and soul to it.
6. Every morning we are born again. Only what you do now matters.
7. Happiness doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have. It depends entirely on what you think.
8. Everything we are is the result of our thoughts.
9. The whole secret of existence lies in getting rid of fears. Do not be afraid of what will happen to you, your future will not change from this, but the present will become calm.
10. There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.
11. Pain is inevitable. But suffering is a personal choice.
12. Happiness will never come to those who do not appreciate what they already have.
13. Even a reasonable person will become stupid if he does not cultivate himself.
14. Canal builders release water, archers subdue an arrow, carpenters subdue wood, wise men humble themselves.
15. Conquer yourself and win a thousand battles.